About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Monday, July 23, 2012

SUPER Simple Salsa

Summer nights always make me crave mexican food and what better way to start your night than with a nice cold drink and some chips and SALSA!! :)

I bought one of Pioneer Woman's cookbooks and found this recipe in it. I was a little hesitant because I am not a fan of spicy salsa but I ended up making it how the recipe called and realized I could have added more jalapeno! 

This recipe makes A LOT of salsa so it would be great for a night with friends/family or if you want to can it and save it for a rainy day!! 


Ingredients:
1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 cup Cilantro (more To Taste!)
1/2 whole Lime Juice



Step One:
Pour all ingredients, EXCEPT the cilantro, into blender. Pulse a couple of times until you get the consistency you are looking for. 

Step Two:
Pour into large container/dish and top with cilantro when ready to serve!! Serve with a cold one and some chips! Lastly, ENJOY!!

Original Recipe:
thepioneerwoman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment