About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Apple Enchiladas!

As I mentioned in a previous post, Summer makes me crave Mexican food. I also have a HUGE sweet tooth. Put these two together and it is a recipe for AWESOMENESS. :)

I am always looking for quick and easy recipes. This recipe is a winner in that department. Plus, not to mention, it is fantastic served with a scoop of ice cream. Next time I make it, I am going to switch it up and try cherries. I'm sure any type of fruit will work great with the sauce.

Side Note: Stay tuned to my next post. I am going to get a little daring and throw a twist of me into it! Food + Fashion = MY.LIFE! :)

Ingredients:
Flour Tortillas
21 oz can of Apple Pie filling
Cinnamon
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Brown Sugar
1/2 Water
1/2 Butter **(Note I forgot to include this in the picture! Whoops!)


Step One:
Evenly spread apple filling down the middle of a flour tortilla. Sprinkle with cinnamon and wrap up. Place the seam side of the tortilla down, into the pan.


Step Two:
In a medium sauce pan, on MEDIUM heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and water. STIR CONSTANTLY and bring to a boil. The mixture will become thicker once boiling.
**SUGAR WILL BURN EASILY. IT IS IMPORTANT TO STIR THE SAUCE TO AVOID BURNING**

Step Three:
Pour sauce over the enchiladas. Let stand for 45 mins. Place into oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown.
Step Four:
Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or eat it all by itself and lastly, ENJOY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment