About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Crock Pot Lasagna

I am all about food that is quick, easy and taste amazing! A couple of years ago I got a crock pot for Christmas and told myself I was going to use it as much as possible. I thought with the crazy life I was living, it would be necessary for me to cook food ahead of time so it was ready to go by the time I got home. WELL... I also found that calling ahead, ordering food online or swinging through the drive through was just as easy! :) WHOOPS!

Well to my surprise, this recipe took no time to prepare and the cooking time didn't seem long either because I was running errands while it was cooking. The recipe is also a heck of a lot easier than I remember. Making lasagna with my mom always seemed so time consuming! I would say it took about 20-25 mins to prep and 4 hours to bake.



Ingredients:
1lb. of ground beef
Finely chopped onion/Mined Onion
Finely chopped garlic/Minced garlic
29 oz can of tomato sauce
8 oz package of lasagna noodles (uncooked)
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese


Step One:
Brown ground beef and season with onion. While ground beef is cooking, mix together both cheeses in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.

Step Two: 
Once ground beef has fully cooked, add tomato sauce and garlic. Mix together and set aside.
Step Three:
Spray crock pot with cooking spray before starting the layering process. Line the bottom of the pot with an even layer of sauce. Next, line with noodles and top with cheese. Repeat process for 3-4 more layers, making sure to end with sauce on the top.








Step Four:
Cover with lid and let cook on low for 4 hours. When finished, the sides with be a little crusty and the top with be golden brown! Serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment