About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Snicker Caramel Cheesecake Cookies

People always ask me how I can bake and bake and not get sick of all the sweets. Well the truth is that I do not care to eat most of the goodies I bake. I of course try all of them but it is very rare that you will catch me eating my bake goods more than once....EXCEPT for this cookie!! I have no idea what makes these suckers soooo addicting but they are. I made these last night and cannot get enough of them! 

They do take a little bit more patience than the last few bake goods I posted but believe me, it is worth it!! You really can't get anything better than graham crackers, cheesecake, caramel or snickers. Adding them all together completes life and every craving possible. They are sweet, salty and mouth watering! ENJOY.


Ingredients:

2 Cups chopped Snickers Bars
2 1/2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
5 Tablespoons melted butter
2 8oz packages softened cream cheese
1 Cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
3 Tablespoons caramel sauce
Step One:
Step One:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap Snicker bars and place into a food chopper. After you have about 2 cups, place into a small bowl and set aside for later.



Step Two:
Take graham crackers and blend them in a food chopper. I used one bag of crackers to get enough crust for all 12 cookies.

Step Three:
In a mixing bowl, mix graham crackers, melted butter and sugar. Once combined press into muffin tops to form the bottom crust. Place into oven and cook for 5-6 minutes or until brown.




 Step Four:
Mix together cream cream and sugar until smooth and creamy. Once blended add vanilla and egg until well combined. ( Make sure all your edges are scrapped clean before proceeding. ) Add caramel syrup and mix well.





Step Five:
Take cream cheese mixture and place on top of graham cracker crust. It is hard to even out the top but I found it to work best by using my fingers. The crust will move but DON'T worry.. nothing can ruin this cookie!!


Step Six:
Take chopped up snicker bars and evenly sprinkle on top of cream cheese. Place into oven for 19-25 mins. (Once again, if you live in a higher elevation, it only takes 19 mins)


Step Seven:
Take cookies out of oven and place cookie sheet on top of a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool off completely before removing from pan! (When the cookies are still warm, take a knife and go around the edges for easy removal.) Place cookies into your fridge and serve cold! :)
Step Eight:
When you are ready to serve the cookies, place them on a plate and drizzle with caramel sauce!! ENJOY.


Original Recipe:
http://picky-palate.com/2010/07/08/snickers-caramel-cheesecake-cookies/

No comments:

Post a Comment