About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwhiches

Need a super easy recipe for a perfect summer night? This meal would be great for one of those summer days were the last thing you want to do is stay inside and cook all day. You will be surprised how easy this recipe is and how good it turns out!


Ingredients:
1.5 lbs chicken breasts (or about 4 nice-sized ones)

1 18 oz bottle of barbecue sauce (I like to use Sweet Baby Ray's!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup Italian dressing
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce


Step One:
Set cock pot to either medium or high. (If you want this done in 5 hrs, place on low. If you want it done in 3 hours, place on high) Place chicken into crock pot!



Step Two:
Mix together brown sugar, dressing, BBQ sauce and worcestershire sauce.


Step Three:
Pour BBQ Mixture over chicken breast, cover and let cook for the desired amount of time.

Step Four:
Once the chicken is soft and easy to pull apart, take a fork and shred the chicken. Stir the chicken and sauce up, place on a bun and dig in! This will make great leftovers as well!!






Original Recipe:
http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/01/crockpot-barbecue-chicken-and-oven.html

No comments:

Post a Comment