About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chicken Enchillads

Tonight we had our good friends, Callie and Dane, over for dinner and I decided to stick with the Mexican theme! Next up, an oldie but goodie, Chicken Enchiladas! I am sure many of you have used this recipe before but I have changed a few things and must say, the 2,000+ reviews that it has are completely accurate. Everyone that I have recommended this recipe to have loved it. I hope you will find it well worth your time too! Enjoy!!



  • Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (the actual recipe calls for cream of mushroom soup but I am not a fan of mushrooms so I go this route!)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat (I buy the pre-cooked chicken in the deli. It works a lot better and has a lot more taste than standard chicken breast)
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
  • 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
  • 1/4 cup milk

Step One:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shred the chicken and place into a medium size bowl






Step Two:
Take your green onion and chop them up!




Step Three:
Add chopped onion and butter to a medium sauce pan. Cook until onions become soft. 





Step Four: 
Add the following to the sauce pan: garlic powder, diced green chiles, soup and sour cream!




Step Five:
Take sauce and pour 3/4 of it on top of your shredded chicken and keep the remaining 1/4 for topping.
Mix the chicken, sauce and cheese in your mixing bowl and set aside.



Step 6:
Grease your pan and start to fill your tortillas with the chicken mix. This recipe will make 6 enchiladas and all six of them should fit into a 9x13 pan! 





Step Seven:
After all of the tortillas are filled and placed into the pan, take the remaining sauce and mix it with 1/4 cup of milk. Pour the sauce on top of the tortillas and spread evenly. Top with cheddar cheese and place into oven!! Cook for 25-35 mins (depending on your elevation).






Step Eight:
This step is not even worth mentioning BUT for those of you that need it... Place these puppies on your plate, top with sour cream and salsa and DIG IN!! :) 







Original Recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/chicken-enchiladas-ii/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment