About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Roasted Apples N' Cream Caramel Topped Brownies

Today, I asked Craig what type of dessert he was in the mood for. He told me, "chocolate or something with apples!" So what did I decided to make? Roasted Apples N' Cream Caramel Topped Brownies! (I love killing two birds with one stone!!) Do not be afraid of the title and think that this dessert will be hard. Remember, I have NO patience and I am NOT a professional!

I will tell you that this recipe is not only "fricken fabulous" but it makes your house smell like heaven! After making this I would recommend it as a fall dessert but than again, dessert is good no matter what time of year it is!! Good luck and let me know what you think!!


Ingredients:

1 Box Pillsbury Brownie Mix, Family size, 9×13 (make sure to look at the box because this will call for separate ingredients)
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
4 Tablespoons butter
4 small-medium baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
4 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 Cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
Prepared Caramel sauce, warmed in microwave  (I use the caramel apple dip or ice cream topping)

Step One:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with tin foil and grease. Prepare brownie mix as directed on box and pour into pan.





Step Two:
Place cream cream and sugar into a medium size mixing bowl and blend until smooth. Take cream cheese mixture and "plop" onto brownie mix. LIGHTLY take a knife and blend in cream cheese mixture with the brownie mix. (Make sure not to press down too hard or you will rip the tin foil.)





Step Three:
Take your four apples and peel them. After they are peeled slice them into thin strips and place in a bowl. 


Step Four:
On medium heat, melt butter and than add brown sugar, cinnamon, and apples. (This is where you would add your choice of nuts, if desired) Cook for 5 mins or until apples have become soft. (Warning: this will start to make your mouth water)




Step Five:
Once apples are cooked, pour evenly over brownie and cream cheese mixture. Place pan into oven and cook for 45-55 minutes. (Higher elevations: Mine only took 40 minutes)


Step Six:
Once brownies are throughly cooked, let cool for 15-20 mins. Cut them into individual servings, pour carmel on top and DEVOUR. 



Please let me know what you think!!

Orignal Recipe:
http://picky-palate.com/2009/10/22/roasted-apples-n-cream-caramel-topped-brownies/

No comments:

Post a Comment