About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Beautiful Basic Banana Bread!

I had to add the word beautiful to the title of this post because this banana bread is not just basic but it is beautiful outside the tummy and inside. I have always found that plain banana bread recipes are hard to come across and even harder to make! WE ARE IN LUCK!! I attempted ANOTHER banana bread recipe and I must say, YUMMMMMM!! It makes a huge bundt loaf so freezing part of it will be in your best interest! Let me know if you love this as much as I do! (I am going on day 4 of eating this for breakfast every morning!)

Ingredients:


2 sticks Butter
1-1/2 cup + 2 TBLS Sugar
3 whole Eggs
1-1/2 cup Mashed Ripe Bananas
4 cups + 2 TBLS Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1-1/2 cup Sour Cream




Step One:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan!! (This is important because if you have never made bread, it sticks and is a pain to clean up!)




Step Two:
Peel and mash about 4 banana's. Set aside.



Step Three:
Cream together sugar and butter in a separate bowl. Take eggs and add them one at a time to sugar/butter mixture. Once all eggs are mixed in, add mashed bananas and mix until blended.




Step Four:
In a LARGE mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
Step Five:
Add banana mixture and sour cream in an alternating pattern. I did 1/2 the banana mixture, 1/2  sour cream, repeat. (I also learned that having a stand alone mixer would have been awesome at this point. At least I am toning my arms while baking!!)



Step Six:
Pour the MASSIVE mixture into the bundt pan. Bake for 70 mins BUT cover the top of the bread around 30-40 mins. This will allow you to have a golden top and not burnt! 


Step Seven:
Take banana bread out of the oven and invert onto a cooling rack. Let the bread cool off before serving or in my case INHALING! 








Original Recipe:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/08/just-a-recipe-banana-bread/

No comments:

Post a Comment