About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Friday, October 26, 2012

DIY Halloween Broom Bags

First post on something I didn't have to bake or cook! This is a rarity so ENJOY it! :)

I needed something fun and easy to give my employees for Halloween. Instead of the traditional store bought bags, I found these ones on Martha Stewarts website! They are super cute and the finished product makes all the cutting worth it.

Start to finish: 5 mins per bag

Supplies:
Brown paper lunch bags
Sissors
Tape/Rubberbands
Gift Tags/Ribbon
Candy
Pretzel Rods/ Sticks
Step One:
Take two bags and line them up. Cut off about 1/2 of the bag. Discard the top 1/2.

Step Two:
Fill one bag with candy and set aside. Take the other bag and push out the bottom while folding in the left and right side. (see picture below, hard to explain!)

Step Three:
Cut long strips, vertically, until you hit the bottom fold.

Step Four:
Take the cut up bag and unfold it until it is flat. Place bag with candy on top of other bag.

Step Five:
Grab all shreds of paper bag and scrunch bag shut. Fasten with tape or rubber bands. Shove pretzel rod or stick into top of bag and add a gift tag or ribbon for a decorative touch/message.

Step Six:
Hand out and ENJOY everyone getting a kick out of your creativity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment