About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Toasted Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds

Don't quote me on this, BUT, Fall may be the most amazing season for baking!! This morning I "gutted" my decorative pumpkin just so I could get my hands on some awesome pumpkin seeds!

I was watching the Today show and they were showing an awesome recipe for a sweet pumpkin seed! If you know me, then you would understand my excitement for a healthy treat with a little unhealthy kick! The seeds are absolutely amazing and they make the house smell wonderful!!

I washed/rinsed my seeds in the morning and let them dry all day, while I was at work. The actual baking part only took about 15 mins with prep! :)

ALSO,
Winston and Malcolm hope you had a fabulous Halloween!! :)


Ingredients:
1 1/3 ish cups of dried/clean pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

Step One:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small/medium size mixing bowl, coat pumpkin seeds with olive oil. Add sugar and cinnamon. Stir.



Step Two:
Lay flat on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 or until golden brown. (Bottoms will darken faster than the tops of the seeds)


Step Three:
Let cool for about 5 mins and ENJOY!! (Or you can save them and make Chocolate Chip Scones with Toasted Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds)



1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, these look amazing.

    P.S. When are you going to start posting some of your RAD outfits?! Get on it, lady! I don't get to see them everyday anymore, but it'd be nice to still see em!!!

    ReplyDelete