About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

NY Times "Best Chocolate Chip Cookies"

"Sometimes, the most simple things in life are the hardest to find." This happens to be true when it comes to my obsession with desserts. I have been searching for a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe for awhile now and found a pretty good one in the process.

Even though the only thing that is simple about this recipe is the cookie itself, the end result is delicious and totally worth it. The recipe is long and makes a ton of batter! However, it is a great cookie for holidays, events or large families! I made about 3 dozen cookies, when all said and done. My employees loved them and so did I, with a cold glass of milk!

This would be adorable in a cute holiday tin or for Santa's treats!!

**Recipe recommends the batter to sit for 24 hrs. before being baked.


Ingredients:
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt (I used kosher salt)
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, grated
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
sea salt

Step One:
Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
Step Two:
Using a stand alone mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 4-5. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir all chocolate into dough (I recommend a strong spoon (wood/bamboo)). Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.







Step Three:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. 


Step Four:
Bake for 8-10 mins. Depending on your elevation, your baking time will differ. I, also, do not like hard cookies. The gooier the better!! :)

Step Five:
Pour yourself an ice cold glass of milk and ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment