About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Sticky Buns!

No, I did not pick the name of this recipe. Yes, this recipe will give you "jello" buns if you ate it all the time!! (Which would be easy to do given that these things are AMAZING and SUPER easy to make. )

I found this recipe on Pinterest one morning and decided to run to the store and make them quick. It literally took me all of 5 minutes to throw together and 20-30 minutes to bake! Craig and Andy devoured them just as fast as I did. There were NO leftovers and NO empty stomachs! :)

Ingredients:
One tube of large/jumbo biscuits
1/2 Cup of maple syrup
1/2 Cup of packed brown sugar
3 tbsp of melted butter
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup of chopped almonds (optional)
1/2 cup of chopped pecans (optional)

Step One:
Preheat oven to 375 and grease bunt pan. In a small bowl mix syrup and melted butter together. In another small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts (if desired).


Step Two:
Pour about 1/2 of the syrup into the bottom of the bowl. Also, sprinkle about 1/2 of the brown sugar mix on top of the syrup.

Step Three:
Take biscuits and line the bottom of the pan.

Step Four:
Pour the remaining syrup on top of the biscuits and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar. Place into the oven and bake until biscuits are flaky. (You may need to cover the biscuits for the last 5-7 mins so that they do not burn.)
Step Five:
Remove pan from oven and let cool for about ten minutes. Flip pan onto a plate and let the remaining topping run off onto the biscuits. Peel and ENJOY!!




Original Recipe:
http://all-things-delicious.blogspot.com/2011/03/sticky-bun-breakfast-ring.html

No comments:

Post a Comment