About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fruit Salsa

I am madly in love with this recipe. It combines all things in my food life that I think are wonderful... strawberries, sugar, apples, sugar, kiwi, sugar and pita chips (with sugar!). It is a super simple recipe and looks absolutely beautiful when plated and served.

It is the best in the summer but when I can find good fruit (out of season) it is a must to make!!




Ingredients:
Carton of Strawberries
2 Apples
2 Kiwi
2 tablespoons of apply jelly
2 tablespoons of brown sugar




Step One:
Cut up all fruit into small pieces. Keep in mind you will be serving this with pita chips so the smaller the fruit chunks, the better.


Step Two:
Melt apply jelly in the microwave. Mix with brown sugar.

Step Three:
Pour jelly/sugar mixture over fruit. Toss together and serve with Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment