About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

Need a twist on a classic recipe? Look no further. Still all the same goodness as the cake but in bite size. There is one thing that makes the cupcakes better, you are guaranteed pineapple in every bite!

If I changed anything from the recipe I would try to make them with liners. It was a huge mess to clean up!! Also, the recipe called for one can of pineapple so you will notice some of mine only have one slice..buy TWO cans! :)

Have fun and enjoy!!


Ingredients:
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 18 oz cans of pineapple slices
18 oz of left over pineapple juice
3 eggs
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/3 cup of melted butter
2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
marchino cherries


Step One:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cupcake pans with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. (Note: you will not be able to "flip" the cupcakes if you line them. You will be creating an inside upside down cupcake :) )
Also, cut pineapple slices into 4's and if you are using cherries, cut them in 1/2.

Step Two:
In a large bowl or stand alone mixer; mix together cake mix, eggs, oil and pineapple juice for 30 seconds on low. Beat for 2 minutes on medium.

Step Three:
Melt butter. Combine melted butter and brown sugar together. Pour 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar/butter into the bottom of each cupcake pan. Place two pineapple slices in each cupcake pan and a 1/2 of a cherry.





Step Four:
Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each of the cupcake pans. Bake for 20-25 mins.

Step Five:
Let cupcakes cool in the pan for about 10-15 mins. Cut along the edges of the cupcakes to loosen them from the pan. Flip onto a cooling rack or parchment paper and ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment