About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Penne Rosa

For all you Noodles and Company LOVERS, like myself, here is by far the best recipe I have found on the internet for Penne Rosa! This recipe takes all of 5 minutes to prepare and 20-25 minutes to make!! The best part is that it tastes like it took you all day to make AND it costs just as much to make for 4 as it does to buy for one!!

You will notice that I made a much more simple penne rosa that doesn't call for all the ingredients listed below. I do not care for meat in my pastas (expect for spaghetti) so I held off on the chicken, not a fan of mushrooms and I don't understand the point of adding spinach, so I don't! Have fun and let me know how you like it!!


Ingredients:

  • 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta

  • lb boneless chicken breast (OPTIONAL)

  • 1 (8 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach (OPTIONAL)

  • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes

  • (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce

  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

  • 1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms (OPTIONAL)

  • red pepper flakes

  • parmesan/feta cheese  (optional)




  • Step One:

  • In a medium size pot, fill with water and add about 1-2 tablespoons of red pepper. Bring water to a boil and add noodles.


  • Step Two:

  • In a medium sauce pan, combine alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and more red pepper (If you like spicy food, add about 3 tablespoons. If you like mild food, add about 1 tablespoon. ALSO, this is where you would add the mushrooms and spinach if that floats your boat!) Let simmer until noodles are done cooking.




  • Step Three: (I didn't get a picture of this because I was SOOO hungry and could not wait any longer!!)

  • Drain the noodles and place onto a plate. Top with sauce, chicken (if you want) and cheese! ENJOY!!



  • ORIGINAL RECIPE:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/penne-rosa-135824

    No comments:

    Post a Comment