About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Miniature Apple Pies

To continue with my obsession of apple desserts, I present to you another recipe for the books: Miniature Apple Pies. I was a little scared how these would turn out but now that I have made them, ate them and WANT TO EAT MORE....I take it all back!! THESE ARE FANTASTIC!!!

The recipe says it will make 6 miniature pies but I do not waste food that I can put to use. I ended up being able to make 10 pies. This is the perfect dessert for a family dinner night or just a night in. It doesn't make a ton of food but what it does make is.....PERFECTION!!

These little pies were the perfect amount of sweet and the best flakiness. Serve them with vanilla ice cream and you will sure to be everyone's favorite person that night. I can't wait to hear how they turn out for everyone!! Enjoy!
Ingredients:
1 box Pillsbury pie crusts (refrigerated, contains 2 crusts per box)
3 – 4 granny smith apples, medium
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice blend
2 tablespoons butter, melted
ice cream (optional)
Step One:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel apples and slice into small/thin pieces. Place into bowl and mix with sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.



Step Two:
Take dough out of the package and lay on a flat surface. Press it out a little bit to get more give from the dough. Find a glass or cookie cutter that is a little bigger than the muffin pan circle. Press it into the dough and set aside the circles. I got about 7 circles out of my dough before I had to press it together and roll it out again.


Step Three:
Take dough circles and press into the muffin pan. Make sure that the dough goes up the sides of the muffin tin. This will make it easier to pinch the top and bottom together.

Step Four:
Fill each pie crust with a generous amount of apples.

Step Five:
Take the second package of dough and repeat step two. Once you have all the dough cut out, lay on top of each pie and press the sides together. Brush with melted butter and slit the tops. Put into the oven for 20-25 minutes.

Step Six:
Let pies cool for about 5-10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream if you wish and ENJOY!!!


Original Recipe:
http://3kidsandus.com/2011/muffin-cup-mini-baked-apple-pies/

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to make these! Perfect for the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete