About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apple Crisp

FALL IS HERE!! MY FAVORITE SEASON IS HERE!! Ok...I just had to get that off my chest. 

I am a SUCKER for any dessert that includes apples. I was super nervous to make my first apple crisp because I can honestly say, nothing beats my mom's apple crisp. At the end of the day the only ingredient missing in this recipe is her love. 

If I could go back and change anything, I would use ALL granny smith apples. I really enjoy a little sour bite to my crisp. This crisp is on the sweeter side.

Have fun and let me know how yours turns out!! :)


Ingredients:

  • 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup water
  •  
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted



  • Step One:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. Peel apples and than slice with an apple cutter or knife. Place into a 9x13 pan and cover in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Pour water onto the apples evenly and mix around.





  • Step Two:
  • In a separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and melted butter. The mixture should have clumps and will create a better topping that way. Spread the mixture evenly over the apples.



  • Step Three:
  • Place the apple crisp into the oven and bake for about 40-45 mins.
  •   

  • Step Four:
  • Let the apple crisp cool for about ten minutes. Cut into pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream!! ENJOY!!! 




  • Original Recipe:
  • http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/apple-crisp-ii/detail.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment