About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

White Chocolate S'more Gooey Cake Bars (LONGEST NAME EVER!)

Has it really been almost a month since my last post!?!  I have been cooking and baking but I have also been crazy with life so I have not been updating! LUCKILY for you, I have some awesome new recipes that I know you will love.

I brought these bars to work and they were gone in about two seconds! They are super sweet and will help crave any sweet tooth! :) I do have a few pointers that I wish I would have known before making this recipe but since I am here to make the mistakes for you, consider yourself blessed and look for them below! Have fun baking....


Ingredients:


1 box yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
4 1/2 full graham crackers
10 ounce bag white chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Step One: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil.  Make sure to generously spray with cooking spray and that the foil goes all the way up and over the edges. This will make the cleaning process much easier!
Step Two: 
Place cake mix, butter and eggs into a large mixing bowl. With your hands, mix all the ingredients together. Once mixed, separate into two halves.

Step Three:
Press 1/2 the cake dough onto the bottom of the pan. It would have been easier for me to roll the dough out with a rolling pin and than apply to the bottom of the pan. Enjoy the tip. (Make sure if you are going to use a rolling pin that you flour the surface area)
Step Four:
Line the bottom of the pan with graham crackers. Once the bottom is completely covered, sprinkle chocolate chips and marshmallows on top.


Step Five:
Take the remaining cake dough and roll out flat. Place this on top of the marshmallows as good as you can. You can see in my picture that I did this step horribly! They always make it look sooooo easy! I am sure that yours will turn out much better because I did not roll mine out. I followed the website directions which were harder!! 
Step Six:
Drizzle the sweet and condense milk over the top of the bars and place in the oven for 25-33 mins. I would recommend covering the bars for the first 10-12 mins. I didn't do this and the marshmallows started to burn that were poking through the dough.

Step Seven:
I was so excited after pulling these out of the oven that I completely forgot to take more pictures! You will need to take a plastic knife and run it along the sides of the pan after about 15 mins of cooling. This will help make the bars easier to serve and cut down on the mess! Once cooled, cut into individual servings and ENJOY!! 

Original Recipe:
http://picky-palate.com/2011/07/25/white-chocolate-smores-gooey-cake-bars/

No comments:

Post a Comment