About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

We have a lot of bananas in our house that never get touched. There are not a lot of recipes that contain bananas that I will eat or anyone in my house will eat. Therefore, I hunted down a good ol' simple CHOCOLATE chip banana bread recipe!! I figured it was a safe bet and well...who doesn't love chocolate in the morning?

This is sooooooooooo simple and pretty dang good! Have fun..

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed banana)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Step One:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.


Step Two:
Mash up 3 banana's and add them to the flour mixture along with the oil and eggs.




Step Three:
Mix in chocolate chips but DO NOT OVER MIX. Gently fold them into the batter until evenly mixed. Pour into a well greased and floured pan and cook for 70-80 mins. (Cover the top with tin foil about half way through to prevent it from burning)



Step Four:
Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 mins. Loosen edges and flip onto a cooling rack until warm. Cut and serve! ENJOY!!





Orignal Recipe:
http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=2760

No comments:

Post a Comment