About Me

My photo
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Everyone!! I'm Erika. I'm a 28 year old, fashion loving, food blogging, midwestern girl! I grew up on hearty meals and enjoying the simple life of South Dakota. Ever since leaving home I have found a love for baking and cooking. I started this blog for my family and friends so that they can see how food blog recipes REALLY turn out. When I'm not too busy running the fashion world and have time for the blogging world, I will try to update the blog weekly. I am not a professional and probably never will be, so don't expect too much from me. :) I just love to have fun, get messy and make the simple things. ENJOY!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Baked Spaghetti

Sorry for the pathetic run at blogging lately! I am trying to get motivated to start cooking/baking again. Working 50hrs a week and living in a beautiful state, I tend to spend my days off in the mountains or trying to find new restaurants! :)

I am a major sucker for Italian food.... well maybe I should just say pasta and needed a dish that would be quick, easy and not overly expensive! I have tried two other baked spaghetti recipes and both of them failed, miserably! PROUD TO SAY.... this one was a success!!

The key to a good Baked Spaghetti is keeping your noodles soft and moist, not hard and dry. A wise guy told me that the more soft cheese you use the better because it won't dry out your noodles. He was right!

So here you have it, a great family recipe or just a great dish for leftovers the next day! Have fun and bon appiete! 

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20

Ingredients: 
24 oz of Ricotta Cheese
8 oz of Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
1 lb of Ground Beef
1 Jar of Marinara (your choice!)
1 Package of Spaghetti Noodles
Tinfoil 






Step One:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9x13 pan with tinfoil. 

Step Two:
Cook noodles until soft. Brown meat and drain.

Step Three:
Lay noodles on the bottom of pan. Spread Ricotta cheese over top of noodles to form a nice layer.

Step Four:
Mix marinara sauce with meat. Spread on top of Ricotta cheese.

Step Five:
Top meat sauce with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

Step Six:
Place into oven (uncovered) for about 20-25 mins. Let cool for about 10 mins. Serve and as always, ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment